The only professional ePub and Kindle creation software for Microsoft Word. The Indie Edition is free and has all the powerful features you need to output books of up to 25,000 words. Join our online forums to get the answers you need. Comes with a free training course to help you prepare your eBook for production.
eBook Toolkit 2016 Indie Edition
The eBook Toolkit is for publishers, independent authors, and technical writers, Whether you have a single Microsoft Word document or multiple files to compile into a single eBook, the eBook Toolkit is for you. Here are just a few features:
- Create a single eBook from one, or even many, Microsoft Word files. Do you write large books, or separate each chapter, so it is a stand-alone file? The Optical Authoring Toolkit allows you to combine all your chapters (modules) into a single eBook. Don’t worry, if your eBook is in one large Microsoft Word file, that is okay, and the eBook Toolkit will run the conversion for you.
- Automatically creates a table of contents. Just use Microsoft Word’s Heading styles, and the eBook Toolkit will create a professional table of contents and navigation file for you.
- Easy to use. A wizard-style user interface guides you through the conversion process. If you need to make adjustments to your original files, you will know where to make the change.
- Non-destructive. Most Microsoft Word add-ins change your document and then save it to eBook formats. The Optical Authoring Toolkit never changes your source documents. It is ideal for publishers who want print and eBook versions of their books.
- Standards-compliant. Outputs to the latest ePub 3 and Amazon KF8 formats, and also supports the older ePub 2 and Amazon KF7 formats. All your content files convert to XHTML, rather than the older HTML format.
- Advanced mode. Allows you to modify many of the under-the-hood configurations so you can tweak various settings to meet your particular needs.
Read the comparison chart to see differences between the different editions.
- Microsoft Word 2013 or 2016.
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
By purchasing this software, you agree to the end-user licensing agreement (EULA), and product functionality as defined in the frequently asked questions (FAQ) pages below: