MS Word 2010 document margin and table issue 2018-03-27T11:34:45+00:00

Optical Authoring Blog Forums eBook Toolkit for Microsoft Word MS Word 2010 document margin and table issue

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #1335 |

HI,

I have a user generated document from Microsoft Word 2010 , it displays good in Microsoft Word 2010 and also can be saved as PDF in Microsoft Word 2010.When a user opens it in OpenOffice 3.3 the get a different layout and there is issues with how the tables and table cells are displayed, the same appear
    in the PDF when the user saves it as PDF from OpenOffice
    I am at wits end and don’t know what to explain to the user? Also the pdf is used for printing and signature and it looks bad in it.Can someone explain?Why is the OpenOffice code or usecase for rendering Microsoft word documents not taking care of such cases?Please someone advice what I should explain?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:-
    https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=48584
    Video content production agency

Thanks

Bill Raymond
    Keymaster

Hello,

Open Office (as I’m sure you are aware) is not a Microsoft product. There are compatibility issues between these products and I think you are encountering that. Here are a few suggestions:

1. If possible, see if you can use Word 2013 (or Word from Office 365) as the product has an improved file format.

2. Take a different approach. Create the document in Open Office to get it to look good and then save it to Microsoft Word format. Microsoft Word may format it properly and it could save you some headaches.

3. I do not know if there is support for the Open Document Text format (ODT) in Word 2010, but if it is, try saving in that format and opening in Open Office. In MS Word, go to File->Save As… OpenDocument Text (ODT).

I hope one of those ideas helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.